Friday, April 15, 2011

Practicing the whole blogging thing

one week out from departure...

Today I took myself over the Sanrio outlet store. I hadn't been there
in about 5 years, but sitting at the kitchen table the other day, I
began to get a burning desire to go there. I was using a shin-kansen
pencil. The shin-kansen is the bullet train. I have a couple of those
pencils and they're very attractive, silvery and blue... and I
thought I'd like a few more... back ups...

plus I had seen an email ad for a tote bag that had Hello Kitty,
where some of the proceeds went to the Japanese disaster fund, and I
wanted one of those... and I thought they might have an awesome
pencil case, just the thing for my trip...

...and I was up early today, so I headed out on all my errands...

heading into the mall, the toe edge of my sandal caught a lip of
sidewalk and sent me into a staggering fall. It was one of those slow
motion things, where you know you're going to fall, and powerless to
stop it... and then I was on the ground with people asking me if I
was okay.

I was okay but my knee and shoulder (not my hands) took the brunt of
the fall and over the course of the day, the stiffness and pain have
set in. It hurts to raise my arm.

Anyway, the trip to Sanrio was futile. no totes, no shinkansen
pencils, no cute "must-have" pencil boxes... the only thing that
appealed to me was a gold kitty luggage tag, with charms- but I
didn't think TSA would appreciate it. The prices since I've last
looked at Sanrio items have definitely gone up.

1 comment:

  1. We will look forward to hearing of your adventures in Palau. I'll try to call before Friday and say Bon Voyage
    Ron Bank

    ReplyDelete